Thursday, July 21, 2011

Spot's THIRD Ride!

Annie came and rode Spot, she walked and trotted a ton in the round-pen. She asked for canter, but he couldn't quite get it in the round-pen; too small. He tried a couple times. At the end of the ride they rode out of the round-pen into the small arena and rode around a bit. He was super chill. Before she got on, she was leaning on him getting ready to mount and a helicopter went by low overhead. He didn't even flinch!

In addition to trotting and the usually walk/turn/stop/back, they worked on turn on the haunch, turn on the forehand, and side-pass....he was getting it! I couldn't believe it, I was very impressed. She said by the end of the ride he definitely knew what he was supposed to do depending on where she bumped him with her leg. I'm very excited. I can't wait to ride him myself!

Our immediate future plans are to take him to Walla Walla County Fair and do halter and showmanship, and sign up for two green-horse classes that we can scratch if he's not ready. I'm excited about that. Especially about not having to be the one showing, I love to groom, but I'm SUCH a nervous shower!




No comments: