Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Big Day Is Almost Here

Last night Kim and I signed papers on Marigold.  She is going to stay at my place till she's paid off and then probably board here until at least next Spring.

Saturday, Annie and I will trailer Spots to his new facility and settle him in.  Saturday is also his 5th birthday.  I have never owned a horse for more than 5 years.  I thought Spots would be the first one.  Apparently not.  I will own him exactly 5 years, lol.

I have been dealing with knowing this is coming all week.  I'm excited about it because I want her to love him and want him to be a great using horse, and at the same time I am really going to miss him.  Partly because is the last link to his dad, who was my dream-horse, and partly because he is my buddy, and partly because is just such a nice riding horse.  Annie and I plan to settle him in and go eat lunch and mourn.  Then, I am going to buy a Breyer horse.

In addition to selling the horses, I am going to sell most of my tack.  I haven't figured out the best way to list it yet, but I will link to it all here at the very least, if I don't just post it all on the blog.

No comments: